In general, you can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself. We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you including (but not limited to): your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone and facsimile numbers, and URL (collectively, “Personal Information”). Generally, this information is requested when you contact us for information, place an order for our products or services, or when you complete a survey.
We use your Personal Information for the following primary purposes:
- To make our Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- To help you quickly find information on the Site.
- To alert you to special offers, updated information, and other services from our company, affiliates, and business partners.
What kinds of information do we collect?
Depending on which services or products you use, we collect different kinds of information from or about you. Trajus may collect Personal Information. Trajus will also automatically gather and store it in log files: IP addresses, browser types, ISPs, referring/exit pages, operating systems, date/time stamps, and movements around the Site. The Site also gathers demographic information and other information from you based on your responses to surveys and similar Site services. At no time will Trajus require a child to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary in an activity as a condition of participation.
Who is collecting the data?
Trajus and collaborating third parties in order to provide service to our Users.
What data is being collected?
We collect data including demographic data, email address, location, phone contacts, and user’s participations in and with the Site.
Your Rights Regarding the Date We Collect
With respect to the data we collect from you, you have the following rights:
the right to be informed about the data we collect;
the right to access and review the data we have collected from you;
the right of rectification or correction of any data we have collected from you;
the right to have any/all data we collect removed;
the right to restrict how we process data we collect from you;
the right to data portability;
the right to object to our collection of data; and
the right to prevent direct marketing, automated decision-making and profiling.
If you wish to take advantage of any of the above rights, please contact us and we will comply at no charge to you.
Data Retention Period
We typically maintain your data for as long as you use our Site and/or our services. We also reserve the right to retain any/all data from our users and former users indefinitely unless/until the user requests deletion of their data, or in the event we are legally required to remove the data, whichever occurs first.
We will generally only retain your Personal Information for so long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, as set out under this section above. However, in the following circumstances, we may be required to retain, preserve or disclose your Personal Information for a longer period of time:
- in order to comply with applicable laws or regulations;
- in order to comply with a court order, subpoena or other legal process;
- in response to a request by a government authority, law enforcement agency or similar body (whether situated in your jurisdiction or elsewhere);
- where we believe it is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations; or
How we use collected information?
Trajus may collect and use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
Providing and improving our products.
We are able to deliver our services, personalize content and make suggestions for you by using this information to understand how you use and interact with our services and the people or things you’re connected to and interested in on and off our services. We also use information we have to provide shortcuts and suggestions to you. When we have location information, we use it to tailor our services for you and others, such as helping you check in and find local events in your area or telling your friends that you are nearby. We conduct surveys and research, test features in development and analyze the information that we have in order to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
Promoting safety and security.
We use the information we have to help verify accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security on and off our services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies.
Communicating with you.
We use your information to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our services, and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Sending emails or pushing notifications
We may occasionally also send emails such as company news, updates, related product or service information, etc., and we will use your basic Personal Information to respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. We may also use your Information for the purpose of sending you direct marketing (whether by messaging within our services, by email or by other means) that offer or advertise our products and services and/or the products and services of selected third parties. You may at any time change your preferences or turn off notifications, which will alter or cease the specific notifications you receive. You may also cancel your account at any time, in which case we will cease sending you reminder emails, but you may continue getting shared content from others until you specifically turn off those notifications. We may use a third-party mailing list service for company announcements or occasional marketing emails, and you may need to unsubscribe from these emails separately than other types of emails.
Trajus may collect information from you in several different ways including the following:
- Requests. When you request information from us, by phone or e-mail, through the Site, or by requesting to join our mailing list, we may collect certain personally identifiable information from you. If you respond to a survey or sign up contest or drawing, we may request certain Personal Information. We use this information to provide you with information, customer service, or other services related to your request.
- Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and movements around the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
- Correspondence. If you send us personal correspondence, such as an email or letter, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
- Third Party Referral. We may collect certain personally identifiable information regarding you, when a third party may voluntarily provide such information, in particular when using the “Send To A Friend” option present on our mailings.
- Public/Sponsored Events. Trajus participates in many public events and events with multiple sponsors, such as trade shows and seminars. The events generally collect certain personally identifiable information from all attendees and distribute this data in whole or in part to all the event sponsors including Trajus. While we cannot control and are not responsible for the practices of other sponsors for these events, Trajus will maintain the privacy of its copy of your Personal Information received in this way.
Trajus may monitor your activities, preferences, and transactional data (such as your IP address) relating to your use of the Site and/or services and log this information. This information may be used to diagnose Site technical problems. We also use personal and non-Personal Information in aggregate or statistical form in order to improve our products, services and procedures. This means that information from many persons and/or web site visits is grouped together in a way that does not disclose the Personal Information of any particular person. For example, we track how many people have expressed interest in a particular product and what kinds of web browsers are most often used when visiting our web site. Among other things, this information helps us determine which of our products and services are successful and which should be changed or discontinued.
Web beacons are very small, invisible graphics present on web pages or emails that help us track when the page or email has been accessed. Some parts of the Site, emails and other files may use web beacons, also known as clear gif technology or action tags. We do not use web beacons to collect, use or store any Personal Information about you.
Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us, we may send you a confirmation e-mail to act as a receipt of your purchase. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries and to provide the services you request.
We will also communicate with you in connection with services you request from Trajus.
Disclosure of Collected Information
- Information from the Site. Trajus will never disclose to non-affiliated third parties without your prior approval your e-mail address, phone number, or other Personal Information that we collect via the Site. However, we reserve the right to outsource certain activities to certain third parties. In such cases, we strictly limit the information provided to these third parties to the minimum necessary for them to perform the functions for which we have retained them and prohibit them from using the information for any other purpose or retaining it after it is no longer needed.
- Law Enforcement. Trajus, however, will cooperate with official law enforcement inquiries, such as fraud investigations and subpoenas, and will disclose your information when necessary to comply with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Children 18 Years of Age and Younger. You must be 18 or over to use the Site.
Trajus is committed to ensuring that your ordering information, including your customer information, is protected while you are on the Site. Trajus uses appropriate and reasonable measures to maintain the security of your Personal Information . This includes procedures followed by our personnel to prevent data loss or theft, physical security of our servers and information stores and electronic security such as firewalls, password-protected databases and secure connections. Trajus may use certain third parties for services such as advertising, marketing and order fulfillment. We only work with third parties whose privacy policies and security practices are equal to or more stringent than our own and who agree to strictly limit their use of the information we provide them to fulfill the functions for which they have been retained. You should be aware, however, that no data transmitted over the Internet, sent through the mail or stored on a computer is 100% secure and that we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data while in transmission to us. Public computers in particular should never be considered secure. You should never give out Personal Information on message board, in chat rooms and other publicly-viewable locations. In addition, there exist malicious programs, typically called computer viruses or trojan horses, which can be used to capture information off your computer’s hard drive or while you are entering it into a web form or sending it by email. You should always use the appropriate anti-virus and personal security technology to protect yourself. Lastly, if you have been assigned a login ID and/or password for use on a Trajus system (for example, a login for our web store to purchase products), you should never give out that information to others.
- Business Transition. In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred.
- Representations and Warranties. By using this Site, you represent that you are seeking this Site for personal reasons and that you are not an attorney or an agent of an attorney conducting an investigation to a potential claim related to the Site, any material available through the Site, or Trajus. You also represent that you are not engaging in activities in an attempt to reverse engineer the Site, portions of the Site, or any materials available through the Site. You also represent that any information you provide is true and accurate.